Tips for Cleaning A Solar Lighting System
Solar lighting systems harness the sun’s energy to provide light even after the sun goes down. Through advancements in technology, solar lighting systems have evolved from a novel-but-dim idea to practical and easy addition to your lighting. It is important to utilize the gift that just keeps on giving, therefore, learn how to care for your solar lighting system with these tips;
Solar lighting systems don’t really need much maintenance. As long as you inspect them for damage and clean the panels a few times a year, your lights will last for a long period of time without replacements. A dirty solar panel, covered in dust and debris, can cost you 15 to 25% in energy production.
Luckily, solar panels are easy to clean with a few tips:
- First, check with your solar panel or fixture manufacturer. They may have specific recommendations for cleaning.
- Solar panels do get hot in direct sunlight. Try to clean your solar panels on a relatively cool day, either earlier in the morning or late in the afternoon.
- Typically, a quick spray with your garden hose is good enough to do the job. However, if you have a large buildup of dust and dirt then fill a bucket or spray bottle with warm water and soap for a more thorough cleaning.
- Don’t use an abrasive or detergent cleanser; you want to avoid scratching the glass.
- Clean the surface of the solar panel with a soft cloth or sponge. You can use a soft squeegee and don’t have to clean the wiring underneath.
- A good rain can clean your solar panels. However, this works best when the panels are tilted like on a roof.
If you do need to clean panels on your roof, remember safety first and consider hiring professional solar panel cleaners.
Where To Get A Solar Lighting System For Sale
Are you ready to let the sunshine in your house? Suntech Power Limited has you covered with all your solar solutions. The company also offers maintenance services. Call their team of lighting experts at +254 715 208 282 to install your system and get started on cost-savings with solar lighting systems among other solar solutions.